Cross Country Lenten Pilgrimage
This Lent, we call our parishioners to pray together for our parish, our friends, our neighbours, our community, our country.
- What: A challenge to walk and pray during Lent.
- Who: Everyone in the parish.
- Where: Around your neighbourhood, your place of work, or nature trails.
- When: From Ash Wednesday (March 2nd ) to the Wednesday before Holy Thursday (April 13)
- Why: These last two years have brought many hardships and division to our community. Both on an individual and corporate level. As a parish we are working towards reopening and restoring. Both tasks will require the help of the Holy Spirit. We ask all parishioners to take some time each day or week and go for a walk around their neighbourhood and pray: Say a decade of the rosary or a whole rosary! Pray for God’s will to be done in the lives of the people you meet or who live in your building or on your street. We need the Holy Spirit. We have all collectively lived through trying times these past few years.
- How: Record your mileage each week and report it to the parish. We will be keeping track of mileage each week from Wednesday to Wednesday. The Annunciation staff will track our collective progress on a map of Canada. Let’s see if we can walk across the country during lent. Here’s how to record your kilometers:
- Write down your distance on the pledge sheet in the narthex
- Email your mileage to the parish at email@example.com
- Fill out the fillable form on Facebook or parish website -> https://forms.gle/Kye9b8mddBSZiUmN7
- Call the parish and let us know how far you have walked this week.
Stations of the Cross
Join us as we pray the Stations of the Cross on Friday evenings during Lent at 7:00 p.m. Please note the Station of the Cross will not be held on March 25, the Feast of the Annunciation and on April 8 as the parish will offer a “Holy Week Adventure for Families” that evening.
Holy Week Adventure
A Holy Week experience for the whole family!
At the Holy Week Adventure, you’ll step back in time and follow Jesus’ footsteps through the week leading up to his death and resurrection. Along the path, you’ll encounter people who’ve met Jesus and become part of an incredible experience. Draw closer with your family to Jesus at this memorable event!
- Friday, April 8th at Annunciation Parish
- Cost: $5/person or $20/family (2 and under are free)
Tours are an hour long and run every 15 min, beginning at 6pm. The last tour starts at 7:30 pm.
Call Laura at 343-573-2472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your Holy Week Experience!
Our Lenten penitential service will be help on Saturday, April 9th from 9:30 to noon. To prepare for confession, we are encouraging parishioners to watch Forgiven on Formed.org.
Children’s Good Friday
We’ll be celebrating a Children’s Good Friday on April 15 at 10:00 am! All are welcome.