Happy New Year to Everyone!
What a special, inspiration, and truly beautiful season?! We are so grateful to have celebrated Christmas and New Years with you this year. Many amazing things happened at AoLP this Christmas.
- We celebrated 23 liturgies between December 24th and January 2nd.
- Our staff worked hard with the mass registration lists. An average of 50 people canceled at each Mass.
- Our parish community gave out 33 Christmas Hampers.
- A special thank you to the Knights of Columbus for organizing Turkey’s and hams that were included in the hampers.
- We collected 90 gift cards with a total value of $2,860 and delivered them to Brother Andre and L.B. Pearson schools.
Senior’s Mass and Luncheon
Last month, 80 people participated in mass and the Christmas luncheon that followed. Unfortunately, due to the recent provincial announcements there will be no luncheon following the Senior’s mass on Wednesday, January 19th.
Alpha is just around the corner!
Our next session of Alpha begins January 25th and will be held on Zoom. Start your year off right and try Alpha! If you’ve completed Alpha, invite a friend, neighbour, or family member. The beauty of Zoom is you can connect with someone in a different part of the city, province or even country! Could you invite someone to meet Jesus?
Despite the restrictions of our times, Annunciation has still been able to bring joy and hope to our community and beyond. Here are some comments we have received this Christmas season.
- ….“I wanted to commend you on the quality of the stream. It really let me and my family experience the service from a distance.” Gregory (not a member of Annunciation, but was watching a mass online)
- …”I cannot say how grateful my family and I are to them for putting a smile on our faces.” A hamper recipient.
Life is Messy Book Study
Have you started reading your Christmas gift from Annunciation? Join our friends at St. Finnan’s Basilica, Fr. Jonathan Blake’s parish, for a Life is Messy Book Study. Beginning Monday, January 17 at 7:00 pm on Zoom, we’ll be discussing Matthew Kelly’s newest book, Life is Messy.
- Liturgies will continue as before. The church has been operating under 50% capacity for quite some time. Please continue to register for Sunday liturgies. Weekday morning at 9 am will continue as usual.
- Confessions will continue on Thursdays. Please check the events calendar for more information.
- Our parish staff are working remotely. Please communicate with the parish via phone or email.
- Please refrain from attending Mass if you, or someone in your household, are experiencing any illness or symptoms. (Consider it an act of charity to other parishioners.)
- Our parish hall is closed for all gatherings until further notice.