Would you and your child like help to enjoy a deeper relationship with God?
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is coming!
Our parish supports and offers the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) to children aged 3 – 12 years old. CGS is one of the most important experiences in forming disciples. It is a formation in contemplation and deep relationship with Jesus. The spirituality of the children and the adults that is nourished in the CGS Atrium environment has the potential to permeate the entire community, and to assist the family in living their faith more authentically.
Called & Gifted Discernment Process: Helping Christians identify & use their Spiritual Gifts
When: A three-part program starting – October 13th (see details below)
Where: On-line via Zoom
The Called & Gifted™ Discernment Process presented by the Catherine of Siena Institute has been used since 1993 by over 100,000 lay, ordained, and religious Catholics and other Christians around the world. It is designed to help Christians discern the presence of charisms in their lives. Charisms, or spiritual gifts, are special abilities given to all Christians by the Holy Spirit to give them power both to represent Christ and to be a channel of God’s goodness for people. Whether extraordinary or ordinary, all charisms ought to be exercised in the service of God (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2003). All three parts of the process are necessary for discovering where you are gifted. These include:
- Part One is the Called and Gifted workshop series, which lays the foundation for the beginning of discernment. During these sessions participants will take the Catholic Spiritual Gifts Inventory.
- Thursday evenings at 7pm starting October 13th for 5 weeks, ending November 10th
- Part Two is the one-hour gifts interview, an invaluable part of the process.
- Part Three Six (6) bi-weekly small group discussions, beginning January 5th, to help you begin discernment in the real world. It will teach you how to:
- develop charism experiments
- evaluate your results
- identify ways you learned to control life as a child that get in the way of using your charisms as an adult.
The participant fee: $40. Discounts are available where necessary. For more info you can check out the Catherine of Siena website: https://www.siena.org/called-gifted or contact P Stewart @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Group Kick Off – October 7
- Youth Group will run Friday nights!
- Sr’s, Grades 9-12 will be 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Jr’s, Grades 6-8 will be 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
If there are any young people between the ages of 14-17 that are interested in helping out, contact email@example.com
Life Chain is always the 1st Sunday of October. There are other locations in Ottawa and locations across the country. The location that we have been supporting is the following:
- Date: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Time: 2:00 – 3:00 pm
- Location: Montreal Rd. & St. Laurent Blvd
Let us gather in great numbers for this hour of prayer and witness to the sanctity of life.
40 Days for Life
The 40 Days for Life is a campaign of prayer outside abortion facilities to witness to the sanctity of life and pray for those who are being tempted to seek abortions as their only way out of difficult situations. We pray for these mothers and fathers and for their unborn babies.
- Dates: September 28, 2022 – November 6, 2022
- Time: Daily 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Location: South-East corner of Bank & Queen Streets
Most years we have a parish day during this time. We will notify you of this next week.
We will be holding an information and registration session on Sunday, October 16th at 2pm in the parish hall for those who are interested in the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. All interested families are welcome to attend. Please bring a copy of your child’s Baptismal certificate.
The First Prep Program at Annunciation of the Lord Parish provides parish-based catechesis for children from Grades 2-6 who are preparing to receive the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you on October 16th!
A Chance to Say Thank You
Our Administrative Assistant/Director of Operations, Emily Millan will be getting married at our Church on October 1st . She will subsequently be leaving for Kingston.
Join us in the parish hall on Saturday, September 17 from 1-3 pm for an opportunity to say thank you, goodbye, and congratulations.
Light refreshments will be served.
- When: Saturday, September 17
- Where: In the Parish Hall
- Time: 1-3 pm
Save the Date
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd will be offered again this fall.