NEW SUNDAY MORNING MASS TIMES
This weekend we introduce new Sunday morning Mass Times. Our Sunday morning Masses will now be 9:00 am and 11:00 am. This comes into effect this weekend, October 1-2.
Weekday Schedule at Annunciation
Daily Weekday Mass
Weekday Mass is celebrate Monday – Saturday at 9:00 am.
Confession is available Saturday’s from 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm.
Join us Tuesdays from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
Youth Group Kick Off – October 7
- Youth Group will run Friday nights!
- Sr’s, Grades 9-12 will be 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Jr’s, Grades 6-8 will be 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
If there are any young people between the ages of 14-17 that are interested in helping out, contact email@example.com
Food Drive – Oct 1 &2
A food drive will be held at the parish this weekend for the Gloucester Emergency Food Cupboard. This collection of non-perishable food and supplies will help our neighbours in need, a direct response to God’s word to us in scripture that exhorts us to give to the needy.
Please be sure that what you are donating is not expired or dented. Feel free to encourage your friends and neighbours to contribute as well. Bring your contributions to the parish when you come to Mass this October 1st/2nd weekend and leave them in the designated area in the church hall.
Thank you in advance for your contributions, and for helping to support the needy in our community.
Here are the most needed items:
– Canned fruit (no sugar added)
– Canned tuna & salmon
– Soup (esp. Chunky & Cream of Mushroom)
– Dry pasta
– Canned tomatoes, kidney or black beans, chickpeas
– Canned vegetables, especially peas and corn
– Cans or jars of pasta sauce & tomato paste
– Cake mixes (for birthdays)
– Baby food (especially single ingredient fruit, vegetable & cereal for beginners)
– Fruit & applesauce cups
– Peanut free granola bars
– Dish soap, liquid laundry soap, toilet paper
– Feminine hygiene products
Called & Gifted Discernment Process: Helping Christians identify & use their Spiritual Gifts
When: A three-part program starting – October 13th (see details below)
Where: On-line via Zoom
The Called & Gifted™ Discernment Process presented by the Catherine of Siena Institute has been used since 1993 by over 100,000 lay, ordained, and religious Catholics and other Christians around the world. It is designed to help Christians discern the presence of charisms in their lives. Charisms, or spiritual gifts, are special abilities given to all Christians by the Holy Spirit to give them power both to represent Christ and to be a channel of God’s goodness for people. Whether extraordinary or ordinary, all charisms ought to be exercised in the service of God (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2003). All three parts of the process are necessary for discovering where you are gifted. These include:
- Part One is the Called and Gifted workshop series, which lays the foundation for the beginning of discernment. During these sessions participants will take the Catholic Spiritual Gifts Inventory.
- Thursday evenings at 7pm starting October 13th for 5 weeks, ending November 10th
- Part Two is the one-hour gifts interview, an invaluable part of the process.
- Part Three Six (6) bi-weekly small group discussions, beginning January 5th, to help you begin discernment in the real world. It will teach you how to:
- develop charism experiments
- evaluate your results
- identify ways you learned to control life as a child that get in the way of using your charisms as an adult.
The participant fee: $40. Discounts are available where necessary. For more info you can check out the Catherine of Siena website: https://www.siena.org/called-gifted or contact P Stewart @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Chain is always the 1st Sunday of October. There are other locations in Ottawa and locations across the country. The location that we have been supporting is the following:
- Date: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Time: 2:00 – 3:00 pm
- Location: Montreal Rd. & St. Laurent Blvd
Let us gather in great numbers for this hour of prayer and witness to the sanctity of life.
40 Days for Life
The 40 Days for Life is a campaign of prayer outside abortion facilities to witness to the sanctity of life and pray for those who are being tempted to seek abortions as their only way out of difficult situations. We pray for these mothers and fathers and for their unborn babies.
- Dates: September 28, 2022 – November 6, 2022
- Time: Daily 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Location: South-East corner of Bank & Queen Streets
Most years we have a parish day during this time. We will notify you of this next week.
We will be holding an information and registration session on Sunday, October 16th at 2pm in the parish hall for those who are interested in the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. All interested families are welcome to attend. Please bring a copy of your child’s Baptismal certificate.
The First Prep Program at Annunciation of the Lord Parish provides parish-based catechesis for children from Grades 2-6 who are preparing to receive the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. We hope to see you on October 16th!