PARISH PICNIC THANK YOU
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the success of our Parish Picnic on Sunday, June 18th, which celebrated Fr. Kevin’s first Mass. A special thanks to the Knights of Columbus, CWL, and Lorie O’Reilly, who helped run the event, as well as all other parishioners who helped with set-up and take-down.
We also want to thank those who contributed salads and desserts. As a true sign of their deliciousness, they were totally gone by the end of the picnic!
STELLAR DECOR PREP NIGHT
Do you like beer and nachos? Can you use scissors or hold a paintbrush?
If the answer’s yes, you’re invited to our Stellar Decor Prep Night (adults only) tomorrow, June 22, from 6-10pm. You don’t need any artsy talent; all you need is a willingness to help and an appetite. Those nachos won’t eat themselves!
Throughout the night, we’ll be cutting out and painting planets, constructing a stage, building moonscapes, and munching on nachos and beer. There is something for all skill levels, so come join us!
We have 85 kids registered for our Stellar summer camp this July! To make the camp an out-of-this-world experience, we are in need of donations. There is a rocket set up in the church entrance to collect donations (*which can be dropped through the porthole) 🚀🌙
*If you are donating money or gift cards, please put the donation in the parish office mail slot instead of the rocket.
Take a look at the list below and see what’s needed:
- Gift cards (Costco or grocery store) to help cover the cost of snacks. We have 150 (including kids and team) to feed over the course of 5 days. We need $600 in order to feed them well and make this a Stellar experience!
- Empty 2 litre pop bottles. It doesn’t matter what kind or colour, as these will be painted and turned into jetpacks. We need 50 bottles total.
- Spray gun. This will help speed up our painting process!
- Grey felt moving blankets. We are looking for 5 or 6 grey felt moving blankets to turn into a moonscape.
There are also specific items that we need to purchase. If you’re interested in helping to purchase any of the items below, contact Lorie at email@example.com.
- Black Kraft paper roll: Preferably as wide as possible.
- Black plastic sheeting or black tarps: Preferably as long and wide as possible.
- Silver emergency blankets. We are looking for approximately 20 blankets. Many come in packs of 10.
- Silver, iridescent or black foil fringe curtains: We are looking for 4 pairs to make something fun for the kids to walk through.
- Space stickers for the kindergarten group.
FAREWELL CELEBRATION FOR FR. JOSHUA
At the end of June, Fr. Joshua is moving to his new parish in Toronto. We have been so blessed by his service and faithfulness this past year! Though we’re sad to see him go, we know the Lord is calling him to great things.
This Sunday, we will celebrate Fr. Joshua and wish him well with a special celebration after the 11am Mass. Join us in honouring him as a parish family!