STELLAR SUMMER CAMP – DONATIONS NEEDED
We have 85 kids registered for our Stellar summer camp this July! To make the camp an out-of-this-world experience, we are in need of donations. There is a rocket set up in the church entrance to collect donations (*which can be dropped through the porthole) 🚀🌙
*If you are donating money or gift cards, please put the donation in the parish office mail slot instead of the rocket.
Take a look at the list below and see what’s needed:
- Gift cards (Costco or grocery store) to help cover the cost of snacks. We have 150 (including kids and team) to feed over the course of 5 days. We need $600 in order to feed them well and make this a Stellar experience!
- Empty 2 litre pop bottles. It doesn’t matter what kind or colour, as these will be painted and turned into jetpacks. We need 50 bottles total.
- Spray gun. This will help speed up our painting process!
- Grey felt moving blankets. We are looking for 5 or 6 grey felt moving blankets to turn into a moonscape.
There are also specific items that we need to purchase. If you’re interested in helping to purchase any of the items below, contact Lorie at email@example.com.
- Black Kraft paper roll: Preferably as wide as possible.
- Black plastic sheeting or black tarps: Preferably as long and wide as possible.
- Silver emergency blankets. We are looking for approximately 20 blankets. Many come in packs of 10.
- Silver, iridescent or black foil fringe curtains: We are looking for 4 pairs to make something fun for the kids to walk through.
- Space stickers for the kindergarten group.
OUTDOOR SUMMER MASS
On Thursday, June 29th, come celebrate the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul, two giants of the Church, with an outdoor Mass surrounded by a beautiful Way of the Cross at Calvary. Calvary is one of the jewels of the Archdiocese and is definitely worth exploring! Calvary is located behind the parish of Ste-Marie-de-l’Assomption in Green Valley–just 30 minutes from Cornwall and only 8 minutes from Alexandria.
The bilingual Mass is at 7 pm with Bishop Ernest Léger as the celebrant. Following Mass, you are invited to stay for cupcakes and lemonade, followed by the Way of the Cross.
To learn more, visit the event page.
PRIVATE TOUR OF NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL BASILICA
The Parish Vocations Ministry of Holy Redeemer parish invites you to a private tour of the Cathedral, led by Father Connor O’Hara, on July 19 at 2pm. The tour includes a live presentation of Father Connor on the organ.
Spots are limited to 100 people. To learn more, visit the event page.